We are here already! and like every other year when we reach the half way point in the month of August panic begins to grip me. The summer vacation that seemed so long at the beginning of July is almost over! There are subtle changes like the nights are cooler and the days are shorter.
SUMMER IS ALMOST OVER!
There is a short window of opportunity left to fit in all the summer fun and adventures August has to offer! I swear the saying "So much to do, so little time." was written about August. We still have a road trip, and family visits, one last trip to a water park, that long bike ride we have been talking about, and renting a paddle boat or canoe, not to mention sleeping in a tent, even if only in our backyard.
Of course adventure doesn't mean you have to leave Netflix behind. Here are some great shows and movies to watch on your mobile device, or just while you dream of your next action packed adventure.
Dora the Explorer
For the bigger kids:
The Adventures of Tintin
Adventures can be anywhere, even in your own backyard! Why not plan a backyard adventure of your own such as a scavenger hunt, an obstacle race, or even Survivor!
Survivor Instructions and Rules:
- No items other than what is provided in the Tribe Survivor Kit and what can be scrounged outside may be used. Tribe Members may not go indoors and get items.
- Each tribe must establish how the tribe will be run and what duties will be assigned to which tribe members. All tribe members must have duties. (Must be written down)
- Each tribe must make a sign that includes their Logo, Tribe Name and Tribe Motto.
- Each tribe must make a shelter for the tribe.
- Each tribe must figure out how the snacks/rations will be divided and used, and how they will share the limited food resources such as forks and bowls.
- Each tribe will be judged (Judges are adults/parents) on all of the above categories and the judges' rulings are final!
A piece of material that can be cut into strips to either tie around arms or head to establish who is in what tribe. (each tribe's material should be a different colour), a bucket, work gloves, rope, scissors, duct tape, a tarp, clothes pegs, a cardboard box, paper (a least one large piece), plastic grocery bags, newspaper, and markers. Tribes can make seats or sit-upons by folding newspaper into the desired size, placing them into a grocery bag and taping the sides.
Each tribe kit should also include a cooler bag containing snacks, a jug of water, 2 plates, 1 bowl, 2 forks, a spoon, and instructions on How to Fold a Cup from a Sheet of Paper via WikiHow.
Whatever your adventure be sure to make time for a kitchen adventure first to make your own snacks and rations. These Adventure Vegetable or Fruit Spring Rolls via Netflix & SPC would be perfect to survive on while on any adventure!
Yep, just me Cathy thinking out loud about Netflix Stream Team.
Note: As part of the Netflix Stream Team I receive Netflix and a streaming device free of cost for the purpose of my Stream Team reviews and posts. All opinions are my own.