Wednesday 23 April 2014

WHAT TO WATCH WEDNESDAY #W2WW This weeks recommendation #14 #Comedies #Bridesmaids & #TheHeat @Netflix_CA

I'm regularly having conversations on social media and in real life with friends and family about what TV shows, or movies are good to watch. So I thought why not share once a week, on Wednesday (aka #W2WW) the recommendations I have, or one that has been shared with me. If you have a recommendation please feel free to share with me in the comments section! 
This week's What to Watch Wednesday 
recommendations are 2 Comedies starring Sandra Bullock on Netflix called:

The Heat:
1 hr 57 min (2013) 3.5/5, stars, R
"Sandra Bullock heads the cast as a by-the-book FBI agent who forms an unlikely alliance with a maverick street cop to take down a Russian gangster."
via Netflix Canada
I thought this was a fun light movie that would be great for a night when the kids are out. It is definitely not appropriate for younger kids, it has an R rating. I love Sandra Bullock, and Melissa McCarthy, and find their slap stick comedy works very well together. I am not sure I would pay to see this in the theatres, but it was certainly worth watching on Netflix.
I rated this movie 3.5/5 :-) faces. 

Bridesmaids: 
2hr 4 m (2011) 3.5/5, stars, R
"When an underemployed baker becomes her best friends maid-of-honor, she almost ruins the big day due to her competition with the other bridesmaids."
via Netflix Canada
I can't even talk about this movie with my sisters without all of us breaking down in to fits of laughter. I  thought this movie was hilarious, and highly recommend it. It may appeal to the ladies more than the men, but there are plenty of laughs in the plot for everyone. It would be particularly good for a girls night! Get lots of snacks, and wine, and make sure no one has to drive. You will need a box of tissues for the tears: tears of laughter! Note this is definitely not a movie for young kids. It has an R rating.
I rated this movie 4.5/5 :-) faces.  

Yep, just me Cathy thinking out loud about what to watch.
Note: I have not been compensated for this post in any way. All opinions are my own, and the purpose of this post is merely to share with my readers.

4 comments :

  1. Two awesome movies. Great picks Cathy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Todd, these ladies crack me up. They are too funny. I will have to get a list of all their movies and do a marathon rewatch!

      Delete
  2. Melissa McCarthy and Sandra Bullock aee both great comedic actress, and I do love both these movies! I can't wait to have a Ladies Night and play these movies yo add to our good times. Thanks Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Lian I love them both They are too funny! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment!

      Delete