Wednesday 21 May 2014

WHAT TO WATCH WEDNESDAY #W2WW Recommendation #18 #SummerFun theme @Netflix_CA

I regularly have conversations on social media and in real life with friends and family about which TV shows, or movies are good to watch. So I thought why not share on Cathy Thinking Out Loud once a week, on Wednesday (aka #W2WW) recommendations I have, or ones shared with me. Please share your recommendations in the comments section! This week's What to Watch Wednesday theme is Summer Fun. With the sunny weather and the hotter temperatures, thoughts of summer vacation keep crossing my mind. So here are two family movies about summer I found on Netflix Canada.

Grown Ups 
2010, 4/5 stars, PG rating
"Five childhood pals reunite after 30 years at a lake house to mourn the loss of their old basketball coach, and act quite juvenile for their age." 
via Netflix Canada
I thought this was very entertaining, and found the different parent stereotypes particularly funny. Maybe you recognize some of the parenting styles in yourself or your friends. Also I liked the PG rating making the movie possibly appropriate for you to watch with your tweens, and teens.

Judy Moodie and the Not Bummer Summer
2011, 4/5 stars, G rating
"In this family film, never-dull third-grader Judy Moodie embarks on a summer adventure with her brother, Stink, and her always-up-for-fun Aunt Opal."
via Netflix Canada
I love when there are movies the whole family can enjoy together, and anyone who is a fan of the Judy Moodie books is sure to enjoy the movie too. 

Yep, just me Cathy thinking out loud about what to watch.

Note: I have not been compensated in any way for this post. All opinions are me own, and the purpose of this post is merely to share with my readers.

No comments :

Post a Comment