Friday 20 June 2014

Where To Find #Images for Your Blog #BloggerIssues #WorthTheRead

Blogger Issues: Finding Images for Your Blog That are Free and Legal to Use



I love reading interesting and informative posts and articles about business, social media, marketing and blogging. My Worth the Read posts are my way of sharing my take on a given topic, with a few related links I think are worth taking the time to read, and ponder.

This week's topic is about the sometimes complicated process of sourcing free images you can use legally on your blog. 



Any blogger knows writing is only one aspect of a blog post. The process of editing the text, and finding images to accompany the text of a post (whether sourcing or creating them yourself) takes as much if not more time than the actual writing. I have a stack of posts written that never get published because of the work involved in taking and editing pictures for them. In some cases I don't have access to the subject matter needed for the image.

So what are the other options? I can search for free images trying to figure out if they're okay to use without infringing on any copyrights. The legalities of the terms of use aren't always clear, at least not to me, and that to put it bluntly scares the crap out of me. Reading posts like the ones linked below does nothing to to ease my fears or concerns. 

There are lots of sites and options for purchasing the rights to use images, but the majority of my posts are not sponsored so this isn't a realistic option for me. One place I find free images to use is Pixabay. It's my favourite for ease of use and variety of images, but it's one of many places to source images for your blog. Another place to find images is AllFreeStock.com which has a list a number of sources to search for free images. 

Below are links to posts and resources to help you on your quest to find images for your blog.

Yep, just me Cathy thinking about what I think is worth the read. 

Note: I have not been compensated for this post. All opinions are my own, and the purpose of this post is merely to share with my readers posts and articles I find interesting. Images for this post are courtesy of Pixabay

No comments :

Post a Comment