Monday 26 January 2015

#GoogleKeyboard #GestureTyping makes me very APP-y, #freeApp, #techtools

I admit I'm not the fastest "texter" in town, or even in my household for that matter. I'm what some might call old school. I text my evil teens in full words and sentences, usually with capitalization and punctuation. What can I say old habits die hard. Not surprisingly texting can be frustrating for me. When the youngest of the evil teens showed me how I could use Google Keyboard and "gesture typing" to text faster, I was pretty excited. I can't believe he waited so long to tell me about it!

Instead of having to type in each individual letter, I move my finger across the keyboard, "gliding" it over the letters that make up the word I want to type. The longer I use its "gesture typing" the better it gets at anticipating what words I'm trying to type. Not only does it look really cool, it's so much faster and easier for me to text, and seems to greatly reduce the number of typos in my text messages. Since this makes me so app-y I thought I would share with the rest of you "old schoolers" who might like to give it a try as well.

Image via Google Play Store

You can find Google Keyboard at the Google Play Store.
The Google Keyboard and its "gesture typing" gets 2 thumbs up from me!

Yep, just me Cathy thinking out loud about what makes me App-y.

Note: I was not compensated in any way for this post. The purpose of this post is merely to share with my readers. All opinions are my own. 

No comments :

Post a Comment