Saturday 23 January 2016

The Long Game: Staying Motivated @Netflix_CA #Streamteam #NewYearNewView

Each year my goals and resolutions are the same. 

eat healthier, exercise more and lose weight
get organized, purge and clean the house
volunteer my time and give back


The underlying theme is always about persistence, vision, personal growth and positive change. The problem is never the vision, or where I want to go, it's the execution and getting there that's the hard part. Staying motivated over the long game can be challenging, at least for me. 
One way I motivate myself to take the first step and keep on stepping is by drawing inspiration from other people's stories and journeys. These movies are sure to inspire and motivate you in 2016. 

#NewYearNewView


My Lucky Elephant
"An orphaned boy befriends an elephant named Lucky.
When the pair learns about the Academy of Art, 
Lucky learns to paint and becomes a famous artist."

Soul Surfer
"Hawaiian teen Bethany Hamilton bravely returns 
to competitive surfing after losing her left arm 
in a vicious shark attack."

On the Way to School
"In this inspiring documentary, four children from
disparate environments around the globe face 
daunting challenges as they make their way to school."

And just for fun below are another 12 of my favourite movies and documentaries to stream (one a month) throughout 2016 to help renew your determination to reach your personal goals.


Chak De! India 
(subtitles)
(documentary)
(documentary)
(animated movie)
(documentary)
(documentary
(documentary)
(based on Canadian true event)
The Imitation Game
(also see Code Breaker - BioPic about Alan Turing)

What or who inspires and motivates you to stay focused and reach your goals. 

If you have tricks or tips please share in the comments section, I love hearing your feedback. 

Yep, just me Cathy thinking out loud about an inspired 2016 and a New Year New View.

Follow the Netflix streamteam's adventures in streaming on social media using the hashtag #Streamteam 
and Netflix Canada on twitter, and facebook.

Note: As a member of the Netflix Streamteam I receive Netflix and a streaming device free of charge for the purpose of writing my Netflix posts and reviews. All opinions are my own. 
Carrot image courtesy of FreeStockPhotosBiz. Images for My Lucky Elephant, Soul Surfer and On the Way to School were provided courtesy of Netflix Canada.

No comments :

Post a Comment