Tuesday 19 January 2016

Go BIG or Go Home: #Shopping at SawGrassMills Outlet Mall #Florida #traveltuesday #travel @ShopSawgrass

Sawgrass Mills Outlet Mall Really Embraces the Saying:Go BIG or Go Home

With 350+ Stores it's "the largest value shopping destination in the United States".

On a resent trip to Fort Lauderdale I managed to fit in some (lots) retail therapy at Sawgrass Mills. My Mom, Big Sis and I participated in several very productive group retail therapy sessions.

Upon hearing about this "huge" outlet mall from my Mom, I thought I would hate it because it was just too big, but turns out I did not. The store and retail selection and variety was great (dah - 350+ stores) but what I really liked was it's largely an indoor mall. If I'm going to cover that much space and spend that much time in one place I don't want to deal with the rain, heat, and the elements. 
The Colonnade is outdoors. This is a new section of high-end stores, many of which have great window displays for window shopping. 




You'll find Sawgrass Mall has a selection of:
"Look-Don't-Touch" Stores like Gucci, Armani Outlet, Burberry, Prada, and Tag Heuer 
"Buy-If-On-Sale" Stores like Coach, The North Face, Polo Ralph Lauren and LaCoste AND
"For-Everyone-Stores" like The Gap Outlet, Clark's, Columbia and Nike Factory Store.

I managed to pick up a few deals, like Clark's Original Desert Boots, a couple of Coach wristlets, a selection of LeSportsac, a LaCoste watch for Thing 1, and a pair of Converse for Thing 2. 


My Take-Aways:
Overall I found the mall size manageable 
with the help of a Mall Directory Map, a List of Retailers and just a little bit of planning and prioritizing. I also strongly suggest comfortable shoes and a couple folding reusable bags that are easily carried in a pocket of purse.
There were deals to be had
and each of us managed to find several great ones. For example I purchased my desert boots from the Clark's store (Reg $130 US) for $45, and found Thing 1's watch at the Movado Company Store (Reg $255 US) for $68. I also managed to pick up a great tote from Mandarina Duck (Reg $259 US) for $9! 
The staff and service 
at almost every store I visited was outstanding. Special mention to the staff at Chipotles in the food court (friendly, fast & efficient), Movado Company Store (so helpful), Mandarina Duck (totally delightful experience) and the young gentleman at Clark's (what a card).  
I hate the parking! 
This is a big and busy mall, and the majority of the convenient or close parking spots seemed to be reserved for valet parking. I understand a small portion set aside for valet, but the majority of good spots should reserved for the general public. Let the valets run the 1/4 mile to the boondocks parking spots, since the whole point of valet parking is to have someone else walk so you don't have to. 

Sustenance for Shopping Stamina: 
Sawgrass Mills has two Food Courts (one at each end of the Mall) as well as a selection of restaurantsWe loved the Chipotle Chicken Burrito Bowls.
Near by (0.9 miles) from the mall is Chili's that we ate at several times and liked the food, price point and the service.

Yep, just me Cathy thinking out loud about retail therapy.
Worth every cent.

Note: I was not compensated for this post. The purpose of this post was merely to share my experience with my readers. All opinions are my own and reflect my personal experience with the brands and products.

No comments :

Post a Comment