Sunday 10 April 2016

Ode to My @BesideU_Canada Backpack #RFIDguarded #TravelPlayWork

Ode to BESIDE-U Canada Minneapolis backpack ...



Comes in three different colours, 
and has pockets a many.
It combines style and function, 
and storage plenty.

It's both sturdy and strong, 
but still feather light.
Perfect to transport my stuff, 
on a road trip or flight.

Both a RFID guarded pocket and.
spots for a laptop and tablet.
To protect my personal information,
and all of my gadgets.

The features included have 
exceeded all expectations. 
Design that suits Mother and son, 
and appeals across generations.

In less than a month I will be attending my sixth conference, and the Beside U Canada Minneapolis Backpack is perfect to pack up all my conference essentials. It easily fits and keeps organized: my wallet, laptop, tablet, phone, notepads, and all the other gadgets and accessories. One Bag, fulfilling all my needs! The only way to improve on this would be to add the Alyssa Wallet and the Carli Crossover Bag which can be used in combination with the backpack or separately when only few essentials like a wallet, phone and room key are required. Together they create a mobile organizational system perfect for commutes to work, travel, a conference or daily life.






Mom's favourite features:

  • I like the simple design that incorporates lots of compartments without looking busy.
  • I like that this design of this backpack is great for either myself or the men in my family. No need for a closet full of backpacks.
  • It's has a strong light-weight water-resistant nylon exterior.
  • I love all the pockets and compartments, including two large exterior pockets each with a smaller zipped compartment on the pocket flaps, that make staying organized easy.
  • Separate interior sleeves to protect a laptop (up to 15 inches) and a tablet. Finally somewhere to put my tablet!
  • Interior RFID guarded zipped pocket large enough to fit a wallet, to protect against identity theft and blocks RFID signals from being unknowingly scanned. 
  • Padded adjustable straps and top carrying handles.
  • Logo keychain.
It took me a while to finally decide on a bag from the Beside U Canada website because there were so many great products and bags to choose from. Personally, I think combining this backpack with a small crossover bag allows for flexibility and mores it from an excellent accessory to a "system" perfect for travel, play or work. 

It's easy to see why this is the perfect backpack to organize all my conference essentials and gadgets, but it turns out the Minneapolis backpack is perfect not just for Mom, but also for son. No sooner had this backpack arrived before Thing 2 grabbed it for his trip to Spain. Take 2 from Thing 2 - Have Backpack Will Travel - to Spain


Take a minute to read my friend Aeryn Lynne at Geek with Style post. She does a great job of explaining RFID and why RFID guarded pockets are important to protect your private information.
Beside U Canada: on Twitter, on Facebook 

Yep, just me Cathy thinking out loud about #TravelPlayWork and my Beside U Canada backpack.

Note: I received a Beside U Canada Minneapolis backpack free of charge for the purpose of this review. All opinions are my own.  

68 comments :

  1. They have so many great bags to choose from, I like the Avery in black. (Judy Cowan)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the "mia" - I would use it for when we have to travel to Atlantic City this summer for my daughter's dance competition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I won. I'd choose the Deasia and I'd use it for all of my summer travels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Basildon in grey is the travel bag I like. Would be useful for our overnight trips to the kids grandparents!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would choose the Aubrey and would use it daily!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would choose the Lindsey (RFID) in gray and I would use it as my everyday purse.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would get the Juliana handbag in black. I would use this as my everyday purse.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am torn between the Andover or Parker - very good ideas for me to use as an everyday purse especially when I'm carrying my laptop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would choose the Monserrat backpack and I would use it every where that I go especially when I go to the city.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would pick the Jordyn. I would use it for everyday.

    billiondollarprincesss @hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would pick the Rowley Regis bag in Pearl Grey and I would use it for everyday and travel!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the red Luisa bag. It is something I'd use everyday as my main bag.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the Jaydn, and would use it all the time! when i go shopping, when i go visit my friends, i love this bag

    ReplyDelete
  14. i like the columbus and hornchurch backpack. i would wear them when i go shopping as i like to walk and having a quality backpack is helpful

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the Gracie, it would be great for travelling!

    ReplyDelete
  16. the sevenoaks hobo bag in purple. id probably use it as my everyday purse. its right up my alley. a little tomboyish but still cute

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really like the Minneapolis
    I would use it when I go to Europe

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like the Luisa, and I would use it for everything. I would take it with me everywhere. My pockets are getting too full and heavy.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'd love the Kaitlyn for a "church bag" or the Mika for bringing my ipad with me!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The Mika in blackberry wine- just love that colour so much!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like the Juliana it would be a great bag i can wear cross body and still big enough to hold the items i need.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I will pick VANESA and will bring it to work

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like the Avery bag in black for everyday use.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like the Mya in black and take it travelling!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I would choose the Steph in black. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I like the Belmont bag and I would use it daytripping, cycling or everyday use

    ReplyDelete
  27. I would choose the Avery and use it for my everyday bag.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I would love the Gwen bag to use as my "go to" everyday! in blue & black!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I would choose the Lilly (RFID) in Ink blue, saw these in a store the other day and loved them

    ReplyDelete
  31. I really like the Bridport in Char Purple and would using all the time as an everyday bag
    jan

    ReplyDelete
  32. I have heard of RFID as we have card holders for when we travel, but I hadn't heard of bags before. The CLYDEBANK / BFY02 would be great for travelling.
    jan

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love the Sophia in black, and I'd use it every day as my go-to purse.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Debbie White Beattie13 April 2016 at 22:33

    The Minneapolis with (RFID) back pack, the Taylor bag and the RUTHIN purse are all beautiful bags. The Minneapolis with(RFID)are great for traveling, the Taylor bag is great for going to the gym and the Ruthin purse is great for every day use. Sorry I couldn't choose just one !

    ReplyDelete
  35. I'd choose the Camilla and use it when I'm traveling overseas (Suzi)

    ReplyDelete
  36. I have not heard of RFID before. I really like the Eliza (RFID)in black.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Debbie White Beattie13 April 2016 at 23:30

    I love the Luisa bag with RFID in blue. I think it's the perfect size to carry gym clothes or shopping bags.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I like the Aubrey - and it would be great for short weekend trips!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I would probably choose the India dark blue and have it as my everyday running around bag.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I like the Taylor in black and would it everyday

    ReplyDelete
  41. I would really like the Kaylin bag in Antler. I would use it all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  42. The Sevenoaks RFID bag suits me because it's quite small and comes in a lovely red as well as black.

    ReplyDelete
  43. I really like the Breonna bag in antler - and it would be an every day bag!

    ReplyDelete
  44. If I won I would get the Paola (RFID) for my husband for a carry on travel bag.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Yes, I have heard about people stealing data and I would get the Paolo RFID guarded bag for travelling as airports are one of the primary places thieves try to steal information

    ReplyDelete
  46. I would choose the Steph bag from the endeavor collection and I would wear it with me to work and to go shopping!
    P.S. I entered under the name Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  47. I like the Chipping Sodbury it has alot of pockets this would be perfect for all my stuff

    ReplyDelete
  48. I think I would choose the Imani handbag. It's super cute and I really need a new bag.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Yes I have heard of RFID before and I think it is a great way to help protect your identity. I like the Avery bag. (Judy Cowan)

    ReplyDelete
  50. I like the Leanna bag and I would use it as my everyday purse.

    ReplyDelete
  51. I really love the Madison bag

    ReplyDelete
  52. I had had of RFID before, yes! I really like the Sevenoaks (RFID) bag that I would use for everyday use

    ReplyDelete
  53. I would get the Camilla bag in Blackberry WIne. I would use it everytime I go out hiking on the trails

    ReplyDelete
  54. I would choose the Bridport. I would use it everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  55. I love the look of Deasia in Spice Orange. It's the perfect pop of colour for the Summer season. Thank you for a wonderful post and giveaway! Good luck all :)

    ReplyDelete
  56. I love the Sandbach bag. I love the long strap and all the pockets

    ReplyDelete
  57. I would chose the Julianna bag and use it every day for any where I go.

    ReplyDelete
  58. I like the Madison in Blackberry Wine colour.. This would come in handy while travelling.

    ReplyDelete
  59. I would love the Gwen bag, it would be great for travelling and overnights

    ReplyDelete
  60. I have heard of it before. The Belmont bag is totally for me because it has a lot of room for me to store snacks/water/first aid kit and great for going on long hikes

    ReplyDelete
  61. I would pick the Fontana to use for travel. It has lots of pockets and a tablet sleeve.

    ReplyDelete
  62. I would choose the Aubrey bag and use it everyday:)

    ReplyDelete
  63. i'd pick the Madison backpack, i would find it handy and ergonomical to carry.

    ReplyDelete
  64. i like the RACHELLE (RFID).
    CL Chin

    ReplyDelete
  65. I would pick the Juliana handbag since it is just the right size and an amazing colour.

    ReplyDelete
  66. I like the Westlake in purple wineberry.

    ReplyDelete
  67. Yes, I've heard of RFID, and it's important to have the protection these Beside-U bags provide. I like the Steph bag--it looks like a good size for every day use.

    ReplyDelete